Eastern RP board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern RP board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Launching of the UEE Temerarious

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

First Launching of the UEE Temerarious Empty
PostSubject: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:36 am

The Science Bay buzzes with different readout of the sensors. Many different stations lay separate so force fields may be erected in case the subject of study begins to prove toxic or otherwise dangerous. Many different instruments lays about on trays so that they are easily accessible and handy for the scientists who may call on them during a mission.
Back to top Go down
https://enmurp.rpg-board.net
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:20 pm

*Qia enters the Science Bay, and stands in wonder. This is the most up to date, high tech lab she's ever worked in. Giddily, she wonders if there's a gyroscopic neutron analyzer - she'd love to play with one of those. Coming back to herself with a start, she heads for the central station. She's already late with her first report, and the sooner the Captain has all the reports, the sooner they can launch. Shaking her hair out from its braid, she begins running scans. She grins as the results come back, and calls the Bridge to make her report.

"Sir, Lieutenant Qia of Science reporting. All scans show normal, and ready for launch."

*Sighing happily, she settles into her seat to begin playing with her new toys*
Back to top Go down
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:26 pm

*As the ships engines begin to hum, Qia can hardly contain her excitement. She looks around. No portholes in the Science Bay of course, in case of accidents, but something like this was too important to miss completely. Quickly, she pulls up a view from the outside sensors on her comm screen. Then, having a better idea, turns to address her new lab crew.*

Ladies, gentlemen, and others, I am thrilled to announce that we are on our way!

*And with that, she put the view up on the main screen in the lab, so everyone could see it*
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:42 pm

The main screen shuts off and all lights flicker off. There is nothing but darkness around the lab. People trying to find their way around stumble across tables and trays of tools.
Back to top Go down
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:33 pm

*You could almost feel the excitement in the air as the ship began to move, everyone in Science was glued to the screen...when the screen went dark. So did everything else.

"Everyone, please stay calm! I'm sure that we will have emergency power in just a moment, so stay still, and try not to trip over anyone."

*Qia waits for the back up power, hearing people muttering and laughing behind her. After a few minutes when the lights still don't come back on, she reaches for the comm button...now which one was it? Ah ha!*

"Engineering, this is Science, we are experiencing a loss of power, and the emergency power isn't working either..."

*Her voice trails off as she realizes that the comm is out too. Well, this is certainly an interesting start to the voyage!

"It appears that we may be in the dark for a while...Please find somewhere to sit and I'll see if I can find the door..."
Back to top Go down
Vi'Roth-IX

Vi'Roth-IX

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 am

Dim lights flicker on around the room as emergency lighting is restored. Sadly no other systems seem operable yet.
Back to top Go down
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 pm

"Thank goodness!"

*Qia sighs with relief as the lights flicker on. She had been trying to make her way to the door in complete darkness without stepping on anyone...very slow going. She checks her crew. They're all looking around, blinking in the light.*

"Is anyone hurt? Anyone need help?"

*No one responds*

"Ok, then I suggest that you all remain here, while I go see what is going on. I'll prop the door open, in case the lights go out again. I'll be back soon."

*With that, Qia heads out the door, latching it open.*
Back to top Go down
Merlin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Static starts coming over the speakers at first, but then the spotted cats voice can be heard through it.

Bridge to Qia, is your team alright? Come in Science.
Back to top Go down
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 am

Qia had just stepped into the hall when she heard the comm crackle to life behind her. Stupid! She hadn't even thought to try it again after the lights came on...cursing her carelessness, she turned and rushed back over to the comm console.

Science to Bridge, this is Qia. No one is hurt, and emergency power has just been restored. Orders?
Back to top Go down
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:33 am

Qia listens to the announcement from the bridge, then turns to face her crew. 75% percent efficiency? Well, that would be a challenge. She grins.

Alright people, you heard the Captain. Lets see what we can do around here...to start with, I'd like all non-essential projects put on hold. This means pack them up, computers off, and only the minimum power needed to keep things from falling apart. Those of you who can, try to work on paper instead of the computers - we can enter data after we get everything running properly again. Questions?

A hand is raised near the front of the group.

Sorry, but how exactly will turning off the computers help? The rest will still be running on emergency power.

Good question! And normally you would be right...except that we are going to rewire this place, so that all the emergency power is routed to the central station. It will be running at nearly full capacity - some of you may have to take turns using it, but I think it should work. Any more questions? Good - lets get to work!
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:33 pm

<Damn,> thought the captain, stuffing the rest of his slice of cake in his mouth, <I could have sworn Science Bay was further from my quarters...>

The doors swish open as he steps through them.

"Sarus reporth" he says, chocolate cake crumbs flying out of his mouth. "Ho we loothin, Wia?"

He holds up a hand as he works feverishly to swallow the delicious chocolaty mass in his throat.

"Excuse me... Status report, how we lookin', Qia?"
Back to top Go down
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Qia was humming happily to herself as she looked over the wiring under the central computer. If she swapped the scanners with the data input circuits, she might be able to hook up the main viewing screen again....she heard someone calling her name. She tried to sit up, only to remember she was still underneath the computer as she banged her head. Finally standing, she realized it was the Captain...

Sir! Sorry I didn't hear you sooner...I was trying to - right. Status report.

She looked around at the current chaos that was the Science Lab.

Well Sir, we should have power to the main computer and screens in another 15 minutes or so. Basic scans will be available about 10 minutes after that. (Removing a screwdriver from behind her ear she continues) I believe that should be sufficient until Vi can get full power restored down here. Lights will unfortunately have to remain at their emergency half level until then.

She grins sheepishly

Sorry about the mess...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:29 am

The lights come back on to the regular illumination level. The logical mind of Vi thought that the science bay needed to be last on the list of places for that to happen. Elsewhere around the ship normal systems have been restored to their proper level, as the Temerarious sailed quickly along to Mars station.
Back to top Go down
Merlin

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:29 am

A soft chime echos on the Science Bay speakers

Now hear this, Now hear this: UEE Temerarious approaching Mars Station, repeat we are now approaching Mars station. Captain to the Bridge. All senior officers report to stations.
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:54 pm

"Crap, sorry, I have to run."

He starts to head out, then has a thought and turns back to her with a disarming smile.

"Look, ah... Why don't you come up to the bridge? We'll have a great view of Mars as we make our final approach..."

He flashes another grin, turns, and heads to the bridge, tripping over the threshold on his way out.
Back to top Go down
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Qia starts to laugh as the captain leaves, then quickly stifles it. She was going to enjoy working on this ship - power failures included. She turns back to her people, who are concentrating extra hard on their work. Attempting to look serious, she addresses them.

You heard the announcement, docking at Mars in a few minutes. And since we seem to have power back, try and get everything put back together. Preferably before we dock. I'll be up on the bridge if there are any problems, although Gods willing we'll make it into dock before something else goes wrong.

She grins, and starts out the door, then stops.

Once you have everything back together, feel free to relax, or watch the approach from the screens. I hear it's quite good.

And with that she's gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Launching of the UEE Temerarious   First Launching of the UEE Temerarious I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Launching of the UEE Temerarious
Page 1 of 1