Eastern RP board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern RP board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Doctor is.. in?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minoko

Minoko

The Doctor is.. in? Empty
PostSubject: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:54 am

*She felt the transporter kick in, and soon she found herself in her familiar surroundings. She slumped down against a nearby Medical bed, leaving a stain of blood as she did.*

Good to be home..
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:00 am

Taran appeared next to her. He helped her onto the bed and looked around. Hrm. It seemed that the technicians were all busy with other casualties from a recent accident of some form or other. He'd have to check the logs on that later. In the meantime, he activated the monitor next to her cot, attuning it to her body. As part of the training to become an executive officer, he had been briefed in the basic operation of all the major posts of a starship, including medical officer. His knowledge wasn't very extensive, but he could run the automatic functions of the medical bay if need be, and help out with a bit of guidance.

"Ok...the computer says it is just a flesh wound. It looks bloody, but is nothing serious. How should I treat it?" He looked at her with the calmness of a glacier, waiting for instructions on how to care for her. It seemed like nothing moved the man, though that was honestly a lie. Things moved him. He just didn't show it.
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:08 am

*With his help, she was atop a bed and looking at him configure the computer to recognize her wound.*

First, you will need to clear away the blood, clean out the wound, then stitch it up. It's a rather simple procedure. *She watched him work and found herself smiling some.* I just want to thank you.. For finding us and sending help. I know you don't like contact, but every inch of me is yelling to hug you. Though I'll refrain. *She smiled, his calmness something of a comfort right now. If she had been anyone else, panic would of set in by now and she'd be a nervous wreck. It was nice to know that some things wouldn't change.*
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:12 am

Taran stopped for a moment, considering her words and her general demeanor. He knew what she meant on the surface, but was there a deeper meaning? His eyes searched hers for a second, and he slowly nodded. "Your continued well-being is worth a bit of mild discomfort on my part." He said calmly, and began to see to the wound. He administered a mild, local anesthetic and began to clean the wound, spraying it with an antibiotic and wiping it clean.
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:25 am

*Did that mean..? Was he giving her permission to..? She might take him up on that after her wound was tended to. As his eyes met with hers, she gave a smile. A true one this time. She blushed as he maintained eye contact before he focused in on the wound. As the pain faded, she found that she could relax.* You really are one of a kind. *She said, watching him work on the wound. The Doctor in her watched, making sure he was doing everything right, while her common sense told her that he would. That he wasn't a rookie doctor on his first case.*
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:34 am

He blinked and looked at her, slightly confused. "...no I am not. I'm a vulcan. I'm not any more unique than anyone else..." He stared at her like she was being weird. "I'm assuming you're suffering from blood loss and mild delerium, Miss Minoko. Please try to remain calm while I tend to the wound."

He continued to work calmly and effeciently, not meeting her eyes again for the remainder of the time he tended to her.
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:51 am

*She blinked a few more times, and as he was finishing up her wound, she moved from the table and smiled.* I may be suffering from blood loss, but I know what I'm saying.. *She moved towards him and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a large hug. She pulled back quickly and watched him.* You may be a Vulcan.. But I would be honored to call you a friend.
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:03 am

He stiffened, blinking and looking a bit more uncomfortable, if that was possible. He shifted, not returning the gesture. "...I...appreciate the gesture. I would be honored if you were my friend as well." He said slowly, watching her. She had him rattled now. He was sure she didn't know how...emotionally charged such a statement was to a Vulcan. Attatching all of that physical contact and such words to 'friendship' would have earned astonishment and quite possibly ridicule for such a blatant statement of affection.

"....all right. I believe that the wound is done. Should you rest or do you need to go back to your quarters?"
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:13 am

*His reaction confused her, but it also made sense. He still didn't like contact, and the sooner she accepted this, the better it would be for all parties involved. She couldn't throw away years of ingrained thought and teaching just because she met someone new, but she would try. She smiled brightly at his words, not fully understanding the actions behind what she had just done.*

My quarters?.. I suppose I should go lay down. Do you think I'll be missed too much if I go? *She questioned, truly wanting his input.*
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:34 am

He nodded slightly. "I don't think you'll be missed too much. They seem quite busy. As first officer, I am officially relieving you of your post for now and putting you on bed rest until you recover. That way you can return to duty fully rested."
He disengaged the computer.
"Do...you need help...?" He asked, somewhat cautiously. He had had quite a lot of physical contact today, but he could see she might need help.
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 am

*She grinned at what he said, giving a small salute.* Yes sir. *She looked around her office and sighed, making note that it would need to be cleaned up some as soon as she got better. At his offer to help her to bed, she had a million different thoughts run through her head, but none of what she could say aloud without offending him greatly.*

You don't have to help if you don't want.. I'd hate to make you any more uncomfortable than I already have.
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:44 am

He sighed slightly and shook his head. "My personal comfort level is less important, Miss Minoko. Come on." He helped her up...and began to walk her out of the med chamber. If she looked around, she'd see various technicians watching them...some with smirks on their faces.

Uhoh. The Med Chief had a new boyfriend.

The Vulcan was unaware of this, however, and walked out with her. He knew it was somewhat uncomfortable to him, but he was getting over it, and besides, she honestly needed it. She looked about ready to collapse. He couldn't have a member of his team operating at this level of effeciency. She needed aid, so he gave it. It was that simple.
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:54 am

*Still surprised that he offered to help, it gave way to more shock as he actually and willingly touched her to help her. People were staring, and soon she would have to dispel the rumors that no doubt would be floating about. 'The new Vulcan and the Vulpine were together!' They would say, no regard for what really was happening. She gave them looks, trying to shake them of their thoughts.*

You do have good in you. It's just buried deep in there. *She muttered to him, not wanting to draw more attention than they already seemed to have.*
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:12 pm

His only response to her comment was a small noise in his chest. It sounded like he must have been clearing his throat...or did he chuckle? Who knew.

Well, actually he'd just cleared his throat, but it sounded something in between it, so it COULD be misinterpreted as a chuckle...

"Your concept of good is similar to our concept of logic, Miss Minoko. Actions that benefit the whole are superior to selfish ones." He said politely as they neared her quarters. How had he found it? Oh. Wait, yeah. PDA.
Back to top Go down
Qia

Qia

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:00 pm

*As the group materialized in the sick bay, Qia breathed a sigh of relief. Taran immediately began to see to Minoko, so Qia decided to make her escape before the rest of the med staff decided she needed to be checked. Quietly, she slipped out and headed for her quarters.*
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:12 pm

*She nodded in agreement, and as they finally arrived at her quarters, she smiled. Her PDA was something she would need to learn to carry around from now on. * Then maybe we aren't so vastly different. *She stepped up to her door and it swished open.* Would you like to come in for a moment? I can make tea.. or water. Or watery tea. *She was grinning, her laughter sounding out, showing she clearly thought it was funny.*
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:48 pm

The Vulcan looked at her for a moment and nodded slightly, tilting his head. "I wouldn't mind some tea, actually." It wouldn't do to refuse hospitality. He stepped in with her, letting the door swish closed behind them.

There would definately be rumors. He knew this, and didn't care too much. He didn't have time for childish antics such as paying attention to the "rumor mill"; his time was far better spent doing productive things. He looked around the room with mild interest, his face not betraying his mild displeasure with the state of the room.
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:58 pm

Great! I'll get us some tea. *She scurried about, eyeing her walls with content.* Did that myself.. Makes me feel more at home. *She produced two cups and walked over to the small machine she had.* Computer. Two cups of Earl Grey. *The computer buzzed to life and soon she had two fresh cups of tea. She moved over and handed one to him. She turned and sat down in one of her chairs, leaning back against it. Her muscles were stiff, but tea was a miracle worker. She too, knew there would be rumors, but it wasn't something she couldn't fix.*
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:03 pm

"I see." He didn't say anything else as he sat down next to her, taking the cup and sipping it politely. It tasted fairly good, all things considered, though having something made the same way every single time would have made the taste tiring to most people, including him. He set it down carefully next to him and steepled his fingers.
"People were giving us strange looks in the hall, Miss Minoko." He said calmly, watching her for a reaction. "Do you have any idea why?"
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 pm

*She was engulfing herself in the tea, knowing in her heart it would never be as good as anything truly home made. Her tail swayed back and forth lazily as she focused her attention on what he was saying. She held the mug in her hands, nodding some.*Well.. I suppose they think we are together. *She took another sip of her tea.*
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:11 pm

"Together?" He looked at her curiously. "How so? I have been together with you the whole time, of course..." Some slang still eluded the Vulcan, and this was amoungst it. It didn't make sense to him why humans continued to come up with various metaphorical contractions for certain things. It just made things more complex.
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:13 pm

*She blushed at that, scrambling to correct him. His thought process was so strict, it made sense that he wouldn't understand what she said with how she worded it, so she reworded herself.* Together as in.. Romantically. They think we are romantically involved with one another.
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:20 pm

That was met with a blank stare...and a snort, yes a snort, of disbelief.

"I have not even known you for half a day. Why do humans insist on being so illogical about how events happen?" As far as facial expressions went, he had an air of long-standing patience. "There is nothing wrong with helping fellow crew members in need. I see no reason why gender or species should play any sort of role in determining who and who is not fit to be rescued."

He leaned back, taking another sip of the tea, thinking whether or not this should be punished or not. On Vulcan, it certaintly would have been, but here he was not so sure.
Back to top Go down
Minoko

Minoko

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:26 pm

It's not that. I suppose it's just the way most humans and other people think. They guess that if a male and female are spending time together, something must be happening for the contact to continue. *She smiled at what she heard and blew on the liquid in the cup to cool it a bit more before she took another sip.*

That's just the way people are.
Back to top Go down
Taran
Admin
Taran

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm

"An often incorrect assumption. What if my tastes ran towards men?" It was not unheard of among humans, he knew that. "Or if yours to women?" He shook his head and took another sip of tea, watching her with mild interest.

"Are you going to supress these rumors? How do humans handle this?" This was a foreign part of the culture, one he had never gotten used to. Humans replaced logic with assumption, and often came to illogical and confusing conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor is.. in?   The Doctor is.. in? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doctor is.. in?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eastern RP board :: OLD POSTS :: Sick Bay-
Jump to: